1. the car was in good working__ when i bought it in a few months ago.
a order b form c state d circumstance
2. in order to repair barns, build fences, grow crops, and care for animals a farmer must indeed be__.
a restless b c strong d versatile
3. the policemen went into action__ they heard the alarm.
a promptly b presently c quickly d directly
4. he was __ to tell the truth even to his closed friend.
a too much of a coward b too much the coward
c a coward enough d enough of a coward
5. the team's efforts to score were__ by the opposing goalkeeper.
a d b prevented c discouraged d
1．选a ① order作"状态"②form作"形态，形状，方式，外型" which literary form do you like best? ③ state 状态，状况，情形the child was in a state of neglect. ④ circumstance情况，情形.
2．选d ① versatile 多才多艺的 he is a versatile . ② restless不安定的，焦虑的，烦躁的 americans are historically a restless and mobile people.而相对versatile"多才多艺的"l来说,versatile更恰当.这个句子主要强调的是一个农民的多种技能.这种题目很烦,之前我也搞不清楚.
3．选d 四个选项都是副词，但directly还可作连词，等同于as soon as，一......就......
4．选a much of a 非常的.......(这个短语很重要一定要把这个例句背起来哦。)
5．选a 挫败，阻挠，使感到灰心.在郎文词典中第二条是这样解释的.to prevent sb's plans, efforts or attempts from succeeding挫败,阻挠 their attempts to speak to him were d by the guards.没特定给人使用哦.
1. furthermore, these high-ways generally __ large urban centers.
a lead b connect c collect d
2. not far from the __ new "superhighways", these are often older, less heavily roads which go through the .
a b c d
3. others are roads__ through the country.
a driving b crossing c curving d traveling
4. the manager promised to keep me __ of how our business was going on.
a to be informed b on informing c informed d informing
5. the secret agent concealed her real mission, therefore many local people were__ into thinking that she was a good person.
a betrayed b driven c deceived d convinced
1.选b lead 和是不及物动词，后不可以接名词。而connect表"连接"，是及物动词。
3.选c curved (v)表"蜿蜒曲折"the road curves suddenly to the right.
5.选c deceive"欺骗，蒙骗"用deceive sb into doing sth欺骗某人做某事。betray背叛，出卖 his accent betrays him.